Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by UK Retailers Ltd trading as Fireland.
(referred to as "Fireland/we/our/us").
As user of this website (referred to as "you/your"), you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transactions you make ("use/using") is subject to our terms and conditions below. Please:
· read through these terms and conditions carefully before using this website
· print a copy for future reference.
1.1 We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The date of any changes will be posted at the top of this page and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions prior to placing an order.
1.2 If you are not the end consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website
1.3 When shopping with us, you will be automatically registered on our system and subsequent access to certain services will require you to log in using the email address and password provided when creating your account. In the event that you have any concerns regarding your password details or become aware of any misuse then you must inform us immediately.
2. Order process
2.1 All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2.2 The final stage of the checkout process confirms your order has been successfully placed. We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Fireland.
2.3 Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it (please refer to Shipping & Returns).
2.4 Once an order has been placed, the details will be accessible via ‘My account’, ‘order history and details. If you wish to obtain specific details of your previous orders please contact us.
3. Delivery of goods to you (To read our delivery process please click here - Delivery and Returns)
3.1 Free delivery is available to most parts of mainland UK. Any exceptions to this will be detailed in the delivery tab of each product description.
3.2 We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order unless otherwise agreed in writing with you. All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery or left as instructed at your own risk
3.3 We cannot delivery individual orders to multiple addresses; each delivery address would require its own order.
3.4 Estimated delivery timescales are listed in the delivery time of the product description and are unique to every product. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales; however, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. Fireland shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within the estimated delivery time providing delivery is still made within a reasonable timescale. If delivery is likely to be significantly extended, we will contact you at which point you can either cancel the order or confirm your acceptance to proceed with the order.
3.5 You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
3.6 Delivery is made using a third-party carrier typically between the hours of 7 am and 8 pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). Timed or Saturday deliveries may be available but would be subject to a delivery charge. Please contact us to check availability and price prior to ordering. Where you are getting a third party to install the goods you should not make arrangements for such a third party to install the goods until you are in receipt of the goods.
3.7 For palletised deliveries, the driver is NOT insured to enter your home and are not responsible for any additional lifting, assembly or installation of your goods, the goods will be delivered as close as possible to the front door of the delivery address you have given us. If this location is unreachable for any reason, such as a narrow street, up to a flight of stairs (such as flats), or any other obstruction, delivery will be made as near to your property as possible.
3.8 Goods damaged in transit must be noted at the time of delivery, documented on the delivery note and delivery refused. It is your responsibility to check the goods for damage with the delivery driver and to notify us of any damages within a reasonable period. We will not accept claims for goods damaged in transit that were signed for as being in good condition.
3.9 Where we have agreed on a delivery date with you and our carrier it is your responsibility to be there to receive the delivery on the agreed date. If you are not present to receive the delivery on the date that we have arranged with you, then we reserve the right to charge you a minimum of £60 to cover the cost of the failed delivery.
4.1 We take payment from your card at the time we receive your order, once we have checked your card details and stock availability. Goods are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods.
4.2 The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order with the following exception. While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
4.3 Payment can be made by Credit / Debit Card, PayPal and Amazon.
4.4 Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you on the delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
4.5 All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates and include delivery charges unless expressly stated otherwise (see Shipping & Returns for further details).
5. Returns, Cancellations and Substitutions (To read our delivery process please click here - Delivery and Returns)
5.1 We offer a 14-day money back guarantee on unwanted items (excluding perishable, used or made to measure items), please refer to Shipping & Returns for more details. We do not cover the cost of returning unwanted items. We can organise a courier to collect items on your behalf, the cost of which will be deducted from your refund.
5.2 In the unlikely event that you receive faulty or damaged goods, please refer to our shipping & returns section.
5.3 Sometimes the product specifications from the manufacturer may change, in which case we will do our best to offer you a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. If you are not happy with the replacement you can return it in accordance with our 14-day money back guarantee. Where applicable, you may cancel your order in accordance with your rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 (see the Shipping & Returns page for further details).
5.4 All sizes, weights and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
6. Intellectual Property
6.1 You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us, or our licensors.
6.2 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
7.1 If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 7 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
7.2 If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 60 days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 30 days of the due date for delivery of the goods under the Contract.
7.3 If you notify a problem to us clause 7.3 above, our only obligation will be, at your option:
1. to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
2. to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
3. to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
7.4 For defective goods returned to us we will examine the returned goods and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day, we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund for the defective goods. Goods returned by you because of a defect not caused by you or your servant or agent will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us
7.5 Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition or where delivery does not take place on the anticipated delivery date notified to you and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under clause 7.3.3 above.
7.6 You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
7.7 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our registered offices, UK Retailers LTD; Kemp House; 152-160City Road; London EC1V 2NX and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time.
9. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
12. Third party rights
Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
13. Governing law
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
14. Entire agreement
Website privacy notice
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site https://fireland.co.uk.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
UK Retailers LTD is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: UK Retailers LTD
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Kemp House, 152 - 160 city Road, London, EC1V 2NX
Telephone number: 0203 773 6875
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com OR BY CLICKING HERE TO UPDATE YOUR DETAILS IN OUR PREFERENCE CENTER.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
· Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
· Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
· User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain backups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
· Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
· Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
· We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which are to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook-based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
We may receive data from retailers in order to process orders.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Other companies in our group who provide services to us.
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
• Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
• Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We share your personal data within our group of companies which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
• If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, a potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to the portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.